Dedicated ordering services and added value
With Shopko RxCare, an order-entry pharmacy technician is dedicated to your facility so that your team is comfortable with the ordering process and confident in both our accuracy and our understanding of your medication administration procedures. Your dedicated pharmacy technician will also work with our billing specialists to ensure coverage of your residents. They will even notify you proactively of any high-cost or non-covered medications before the order is dispensed.
Shopko RxCare accepts telephone orders, fax orders and electronic orders via FacilityLink. Access to our FacilityLink system enables online communication with our pharmacy, electronic medication ordering and much more. Faxed orders are received in DocuTrack, a paper-free document management system that receives and processes medication orders. PLUS, we provide fax machines for convenience and effective communication of orders.
Shopko RxCare pharmacists provide another layer of accuracy reviews and expert recommendations. Our pharmacists:
- Review orders for appropriate dosing frequency, indication and duplicate therapy
- Perform allergy and adverse drug reaction screens on new orders
- Determine pharmacokinetic and isoenzyme inhibition differences among medications within a category
- Create care plans for infusion therapy and high-risk residents
- Determine lab monitoring requirements
- Review potential drug interactions and make clinical and cost-saving recommendations
- Communicate all review information to facility as needed
Overall, our goal is to optimize medication therapy, decrease adverse drug reactions, recommend preferred medications and provide the right medication to treat the right disease resulting in both savings to your facility and optimal resident care.