Switching pharmacy service providers is easy
Shopko RxCare takes the burden off your team, so your transition to a new long-term care pharmacy partner is stress free.
If you’ve ever considered switching long-term care pharmacy providers, you may have worried about the transition process. Will your team need to adapt to new delivery protocols? Will there be timing issues as the transition takes place? How will you gain a high level of trust with your new prescription services team? At Shopko RxCare, we understand your concerns, and we have developed a stress-free solution to switch long-term care pharmacy partners. It’s as easy as 1…2…3!
Our three-step process takes the burden off your team to make the transition seamless, leaving you feeling comfortable and confident in your new relationship with the Shopko RxCare team of experts. We also pride ourselves on customizing the switching process to meet your needs. Our team comes to your facility, works with your schedules and establishes new protocols and processes that fit your expectations.
Three Steps to an Easy Start-Up
We look at the transition process in three steps. Your dedicated Shopko RxCare team will walk you through each step and be available for guidance on your start-up day and beyond.
- STEP 1 UNDERSTAND
- Step one is about understanding your “pain.” And because Shopko RxCare is all about reducing the pain of switching prescription service providers, we come to your facility whenever you’re available to discuss this important step in person.
Working with you, we establish goals for your facility by uncovering what you ultimately want out of your long-term care pharmacy relationship. During this process, you will most likely work with Shopko RxCare’s Sales and Business Development Director Matt Boyle. Get to know him now by visiting Matt’s online bio.
- STEP 2 ORGANIZE
- Step two is when our Shopko RxCare Nurse Consultants dive in! Keeping your invested time to a minimum, they work independently to organize facility information and demographics to determine specific needs for your facility.
Once the Nurse Consultants have completed their research and organization, they coordinate with our Pharmacy Operations Manager and other key Shopko RxCare staff members to help you turn the organized information into easy-to-implement tasks. The result is an easy-to-follow “road map” for your facility staff to make each of the goals established in step one a reality. Ordering any equipment that may be needed, such as medication carts, is also done at this step.
- STEP 3 IMPLEMENT
- Based on your road map from step two, Shopko RxCare develops a detailed task list with personnel assignments and due dates. A dedicated team (order entry tech, billing specialist and medical records specialist) is assigned to the facility to meet your needs and enter all resident information. Our “transfer templates” and “weekly start-up checklists” make sure your staff is fully prepared and comfortable moving forward to a stress-free start-up day.
Have a stress-free start-up day! We do all the homework and prepare your team for a seamless transition to Shopko RxCare as your new local prescription services provider. Expect the following to be handled prior to your start-up:
- Shopko RxCare has contacted and worked with your staff and the physicians to obtain resident orders.
- All drug regimens have been reviewed by our Shopko RxCare pharmacists, like they would for any new admission.
- All medication and records are completely in place and verified.
- Shopko RxCare staff is at your facility the day of start up to personally ensure everything goes smoothly.
Now that you’re familiar with our stress-free transition services, learn more about what to expect from our best-in-class pharmacy services and personal consulting solutions. Talk to Shopko RxCare about all the custom services we offer your long-term care facility, contact us to set up an informational meeting. In the meantime, get to know our expert team by browsing their personal online bios.